Saturday, August 29, 2009

Daring Baker's Dobos Torte

Seems like I'll never be able to meet the dateline with Daring Baker's eh? I always forgot about the posting date until after everyone else have posted theirs!!

AAARGHH!! *bonks head to the wall*

.
.
.
.


ehem~

Anyway, let's get back to the topic shall we,


Dobos Torte;
All Hail DARK Chocolate!!


this time around, it's Dobos Torte. Honestly I was scarred with the ingredients and assembly of the cake. I was so scarred that I only made half of the batter! No Kidding!! Usually I'd make almost double the recipe (even on two separate occasions) with Daring Baker's, but I had to make it so because

1. it's the fasting month, people don't eat much

2. the whole thing reeked of sugar and butter (with comments in the forum saying it's very very RICH)

3. I don't have time while running around screaming my head off with the amount of unfinished assignments I had left..

So,

I made 1/2 of it. Big Mistake cause it was a hit!! Since I was making half the batter, I thought of making small portions too, so I make about 24 4 inch rounds before cutting it into 3". then I stacked it together to make 2 small-cut-goneinfourbites-cake. Yup people, it was finished in an instant!! hahaha...


gone in 4 bites, can you believe it??

and get this,

I forgot to half the buttercream, yeah, I know, I know... I'm unbelievably crazy. There's like a huge tub of dark chocolate buttercream in the freezer now. Owh, what ever shall I do with it? hehehe~

All in all, a good one cause I managed to make it rich and yet not too (sickly) sweet for the fasting palate. All it took was some modification with orange zest in the sponge cake, bitter marmalade syrup drenching the cake layers and topped with DARK chocolate buttercream! ahh!! Heavenly!!

Loving Dark chocolate to bits now.. wonder if Raya this year's biscuits would have dark chocolate theme.. hahaha!!

OMG!!

almost forgot (what's with me and this abundace amount of synaps breakdown nowadays??)

The August 2009 Daring Bakers' challenge was hosted by Angela of A Spoonful
of Sugar
and Lorraine of Not Quite Nigella. They chose the spectacular Dobos
Torte based on a recipe from Rick Rodgers' cookbook
Kaffeehaus: Exquisite
Desserts from the Classic Caffés of Vienna, Budapest, and Prague.

And please look at the others too at the blogroll (if you haven't already)

OWHHHH!!!!

by the way,

I couldn't participate last month as I was busy preparing and organizing a student camp in Langkawi. I did not even managed to see my lovely oven or my trusty balloon whisk in almost one whole month. *sob-sob*

wonderful experience with the participants there, hope we can meet again sometime!!


FIIMAAAA!!
p/s: KIKH OVER!!


TIll then!!

byeeeeeeee~

No comments: