haven't been updating again have we?
malas, malas...
anyway,
I went back home last weekend. katelah my elder brother was home too!! for the past two weeks!! they were keeping it quiet from me, just to surprise me. Ceh... huhu.. he brought back a lot of stuffs and spices. Weird ones, even for me!! the only spice I could recognize are bay leaves. all the other spices was definitely strange. there were even sticks with tiny white hairs on it. And my brother (who brought it back home) also didn't know how to use them! So we're stuck with some unidentified spices now. Through my mum said the soup made with two of the spices was delicious. Well, that's a step. I'll try something next week!
Wanted to bake something in Saturday, but by the time I woke up (read: 11 am) my younger brother is already halfway mixing through a butter cake. Using my ingredients. Shyte.. Ah well, he never done it before and I was in a happy mood as well. So I just went to shower. after showering, he is still not done yet with the cake and I took over. See, I can be nice.. So, later, he put in some essence;
me: what did you put in?
brother: orange essence
me: orange?
brother: duh. this is orange buttercake!
me: is that really orange essence? the smell is different la..
brother: (reads the bottle) shyte, it's banana's essence!
me: wuahahahhaha *evil laughs*
we still throw in the orange rinds and orange juice. So it's an orange-banana cake. Hahahaha.. then while I was putting the cake into the oven, the other family memebers are so busy ordering pizzas. I was like; heih? are they organizing a party? what for?
then it hit me.
it's my birthday this coming 30th July!!
and I just baked (well, half way through) my own birthday cake!
I was laughing all the way.
Owh well, at least I baked something. My mum put in some frosting and stars from my leftover ingredients when the cake was baked. Cut the cake and we had a large lunch :)
So, where's my hadiah, mum? huhuhu..
p/s: I made hibiscus jam from the flower petals my brother brought home (from Egypt) Will post about it later.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
weih... sory lambat wish~.. Happy Bday!
Post a Comment