was browsing through the net just now when I stumbled upon clips of sunathon 07 by fellow med students from Russia. Through I didn't go along with the trip, it was fun to see the clips and how most of them (actually all of them) enjoyed it. Majority says they would want to participate in the event again next year. (maybe we could all meet eh??)
but that's besides the point.
In some of the clips there were comments by-judged by their nickname-I'll take a wild guess that they're americans. Some were, slanting the act of circumcision while others try to understand how and why is circumcision performed. some of the negative comments even drag down the women's rights issue on circumcision in Islamic countries. normally, I'd be okay with this kind of reaction. It's normal for them to react in such away as they don't have the same culture . Heck, I've even been discussing about the very issue with some friends of mine.
what bothers me, is that, it seems they're only questioning us (as in Muslims) but not the others. sure the circumcision issue have been debated over the human rights, the babies rights, and power held by the parents. But the eyes have always been towards us whereas other religions condoning such acts are not really "starred at". The Islamophobia isn't helping either. So, it saddens me to see how in 'our' circumcision clips there are bangings and questions, but in the israeli circumcision clips there were even praises. some even said they regret not being circumcised yet. truly, a revelation is it? *sigh*
and that's just circumcision, I haven't even talked about the nuclear power thing. how can the world be so one-sided???
ouh, and it seems the israeli-palestine issue haven't been on the news lately. so what really happen with the peace treaty? having been violated countless of times by the israeli soldiers. do we need to wait until there's massive killing with full-fledge coverage from the media around the world.
let us all pray for our brothers and sisters to end their suffering.
Monday, September 24, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment